GoTech is advancing the governance challenges that arise from the interplay between complex physical, human and technical systems.
The Center's research strategically links the public and private sector to develop and improve solutions to increasingly complex problems associated with the delivery of public services. The Center advances best practices through sponsored research, convening experts to discuss policy and risk concerns, and educating students and the public on positive paths forward.
The Center’s research is focused on:
Charles Harry is a senior leader, practitioner and researcher with over 20 years of experience in intelligence and cyber operations. Harry is the director of the Center for Governance of Technology and Systems (GoTech) and Associate Research Professor in the School of Public Policy.
- International security; cybersecurity; data science; complexity theory; intelligence
William Lucyshyn is a research professor and the director of research at the Center for Governance of Technology and Systems, in the School of Public Policy, at the University of Maryland.
- Acquisition & procurement; sustainment science; defense industry; cybersecurity policy
S. Anthony (Tony) McCann teaches courses in public leadership and management and federal budgeting.
- Public budgeting; health policy; Congress; State of Maryland
Elizabeth M. (Betty) Duke joined the School of Public Policy in August 2009. She teaches in management, leadership and finance.
- Network/multi-sector management; leadership & management; public administration
William M. Nolte is the former director of education and training in the office of the Director of National Intelligence and chancellor of the National Intelligence University. He is a former deputy assistant director of central intelligence, Central Intelligence Agency.
- Intelligence; homeland security; intelligence/policy relationships